Project Manager (6 month FTC)
- Massmart posted 2 weeks ago
- Posted : June 16, 2022 -Accepting applications
- View(s) 3
Offered Salary 80378
Career Level Manager
Experience 5 Years
Industry Information Technology
Qualifications Degree Bachelor
About the job
This role will be responsible to plan, execute, monitor, control and close analytics projects in the CoE It will also be responsible to ensure that SLAs are defined, measured and managed across the entire project lifecycle.
FUNCTIONS / RESPONSIBILITIES:
Data Strategy Definition & Implementation
- Provide input into the overall Data & Analytics strategy and specifically in strategy aimed at project/programme
- in the Data & Analytics CoE.
- Undertake regular scrutiny of the developed strategy to keep up-to-date with latest trends in the external
- and budget for changes taking place within the organisation.
- Ensure compliance with the deployed strategy.
- Accountable for overseeing end-to-end execution of data analytics projects in the CoE according to the
- project management methodology.
- Explore and execute best practice project management techniques for data and analytics.
- Understand business requirements and manage demand for specific data and analytics solutions and expected
- of the delivery; in collaboration with the relevant Customer Success Representatives.
- Translate the requirement into operational plans, in coordination with the CoE Leads, and communicate the said
- to the cross-functional team of data scientists, engineers and visualisers planned for a project.
- On-board project resources.
- Develop a detailed project charter, complete with timelines and milestones for the team to adhere to.
- Create regular reports for presentation to the CoE Leads and Data Maturity Acceleration & Demand Lead on
- progress, budget tracking etc.
- Duly hand over all solutions developed to the Customer Success Representatives after sufficient knowledge
- and ensure that implementation plans are provided for seamless deployment.
- Develop and deploy performance metrics to monitor quality of solutions delivered, in collaboration with the
- Success Representatives. Plan appropriate remediation where performance lags behind the expected
- Oversee compliance with guidelines, frameworks, policies and methodologies developed by the CoE Leads in
- projects underway.
- In case of non-compliance, analyse root cause, suggest remediation and flag the incident to the concerned
- in a timeous manner
- Possess a working knowledge of a variety of data sets.
- Responsible for developing and overseeing execution of contingency plans in case of delays and
- the same to the CoE Leads and business stakeholders, as required.
- Support the active sharing of lessons learned across the project management community
- Provide direct feedback to CoE Leads on performance of the resources deployed.
- Provide input into the skill assessment of resources in the CoE and support the CoE Leads in designing
- for upskilling.
- Assist the CoE leads in manpower and succession planning for resources and positions in their respective
- Ensure SLAs are defined, measured and managed across all data analytics activities, throughout the course of
- Manage relationships with key vendors to ensure operational excellence and cost effective delivery, as required.
- Manage key contracts, as required.
- Agree and sign off vendor contracts and SLAs, as required.
Risk, Governance and Compliance
- Pro-actively keep up to date with required legislative, governance and compliance requirements.
- Ensure full compliance with global and local corporate governance, financial and statutory requirements.
- Ensure compliance with established internal control procedures and authority levels.
- Ensure that exposure to business risks are managed and mitigated through the adoption of effective actions and
Financial, Budget and Compliance
- Achieve Cost Management by:
- – Obtaining competitive prices from external suppliers / vendors, where required.
- – Scheduling expenditure; analysing variances; initiating cost corrective action, when and where required.
- project resources.
- Manage own career development.
- Manage own skills development.
- Participate in mentoring sessions by executives.
- Facilitate knowledge and skills transfer within project team/s.
- Provide input into performance cycles of managed teams.
- Build relationship within divisions, group and Walmart.
- Build relationship with key vendors and service providers.
- Proactively manage divisional relationships and expectations.
- Degree or diploma in project management, data management, data
- analytics, demand management, operations management or
- similar relevant qualification.
- AGILE / SCRUM certification preferred
- Relevant project management certifications is advantageous.
- +5 years’ experience including:
- o +2 years’ experience in data or related field
- o +2 years as a project manager
“Employment Equity Policy Requirements may be applicable”
About the company