Terms and Conditions of Use – User Agreement
Welcome to Projectmangers.co.za. This website and associated platforms, mobile apps, urls and technologies branded as Projectmangers.co.za is a platform operated and managed by Technology Legends (Pty) Ltd, a technology company registered in the Republic of South Africa.
GLOSSARY OF TERMS
Candidates – these are individuals seeking, browsing and applying for job listings listed on our platforms job seekers
CV ( Curriculum Vitae – abbreviation for the Latin word curriculum vitae, or “course of life”, is a detailed and comprehensive document which describes the course of your academic and professional accomplishments. It’s usually formatted in chronological order and starts with your educational experience. While there is no length requirement on a CV, most range from three to ten pages though some might be even longer. Generally, the more experience you have, the longer your CV will be.
Resume – A resume is a document that summarizes your career history, skills and education. The term originates from the French word résumé, which translates to “abstract” or “summary.”
Cover letter – A cover letter is a letter candidates provide along with their resume when applying for a job. Within the cover letter, an applicant can explain why they are qualified for the job.
Employee – An employee is someone who works for a company in return for payment.
Employment contract – An employment contract is a legal document that lays out the terms and conditions of employment between a company and an employee. It may include compensation information, a description of the job and primary responsibilities, termination procedures and other information.
Fixed-term contract – A fixed-term contract is when an employment contract has an agreed-upon end date.
Vacancies – These are Job openings, job listings posted on the Projectmanagers.co.za platforms (website, social media, mobile app and any other platforms that may be used to list jobs)
Applicant tracking system (ATS) – An ATS is the software that companies use to quickly scan resumes for information relevant to open positions, identifying the resumes that best match the job description and filtering out unqualified applicants.
Background checks – Background checks are screenings that employers conduct of a job applicant’s or recent employee’s criminal record, credit history, references and more.
Contract of employment – A contract of employment, or an employment contract, is a signed agreement between an employer and employee that establishes the rights and responsibilities for both parties.
Platform – includes
- Our websites and all related web portals (namely projectmanagers.co.za and projectmanagers.africa)
- co.za’s technology platform designed to find and connect job seekers, professionals, talented resources to companies, firms and organizations
- All software, data, reports, text, images, sounds, video, and content made available through any of the foregoing (collectively, the “Content”). Any new features added to or augmenting the Platform are also subject to these Terms and Conditions.
- Social Media pages (accessible and/or located on Facebook, Instagram, Youtube, Twitter)
- THE PLATFORMS
Projectmanagers.co.za (or “we” or “the platform” or “the jobsite” or “the portal”) is a platform providing online and offline services that match job seekers, professionals and experts to companies, organisations and individuals.
The “Platform” includes
- Websites and web portals – located at i) projectmanagers.co.za ii) projectmanagers.africa
- co.za’s technology platform designed to find and connect job seekers, professionals, talented resources to companies, firms and organizations
- All software, data, reports, text, images, sounds, video, and content made available through any of the foregoing (collectively, the “Content”). Any new features added to or augmenting the Platform are also subject to these Terms and Conditions.
- Social Media – projectmanagers.co.za social media pages and related channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Youtube, Tiktok, WhatsApp) and any future channels that may be added under our brand
- Mobile Apps – ProjectManagers mobile application accessed via digital devices such as smartphones, tablets, VR gadgets etc.
Our key services are:
- We help candidates and job seekers to apply for and manage job opportunities via the Candidate Portal. When You register on our platform and apply for vacancies, you have access to a Candidate Portal, where You can edit your profile information, browse vacancies, apply for vacancies and view employer profiles as well as receive jobs suggestions. In this case, We are the data controller.
- We help our customers (“Customer”) find their next hires: when You apply, our Customer (the recruiter or hiring manager) can consider You for any job opportunities they have and can use any ProjectManagers.co.za tools to track, manage and make a decision.
- REGISTRATION ON OUR WEBSITE AND/PLATFORMS
2.1 By registering with the Website, You warrant and represent that:
- You are at least 18 years old. If You are under the age of 18, You need to ask a parent or guardian over the age of 18 to enter into these Terms on Your behalf. As a parent or guardian of someone under the age of 18, You are responsible for ensuring that person’s use of the Website and/or Services is in accordance with these Terms.
- You are legally capable of entering into binding contracts; and
- You are not in any way prohibited by the applicable law in the jurisdiction in which You are currently located to enter into these Terms.
- co.za reserves the right to conduct verification and security procedures in respect of all information provided by You (this applies to job seekers (candidates) and recruiters, companies and hiring managers) be it during registration, creation of online profile, application for vacancies, subscription to services and newsletters. If for a valid reason Projectmanagers.co.za has reason to believe that the information provided by You to register and use any of the Services or Your use of the Website breaches or is likely to breach any of the provisions in these Terms and/or the applicable Laws of The republic of South Africa, Projectmanagers.co.za at its sole discretion may take any action that it deems appropriate including without limitation, to terminate Your Profile and institute legal action against you.
- Job Ads or Job Listings
ProjectManagers.co.za may make available Job Ads advertising employment opportunities and other job-related content, including links to third-party websites (“Job Listings” or “Job Ads”), through ProjectManagers.co.za’s search results or otherwise through the Site. Searching for Job Ads on ProjectManagers.co.za is free for Job Seekers. Job Ads are created and provided by third parties over whom ProjectManagers.co.za exercises no control; you acknowledge and understand that ProjectManagers.co.za has no control over the content of Job Ads, links to or from Job Ads, or any conditions third parties might impose once a Job Seeker has submitted an application or left the Site. For example, some of these third parties may attempt to charge Job Seekers a fee to apply to a particular job, although ProjectManagers.co.za endeavors not to make such Job Ads available on the Site. If you leave the ProjectManagers.co.za Site and choose to enter a third-party website, you accept any terms and conditions imposed by that third-party. Employer websites may have conversion trackers or other functionality provided by ProjectManagers.co.za, which informs us that an application has been completed on an Employer site. An Employer who installs such functionality is required under this Agreement to provide any notice, and obtain any prior consent, that may be required by applicable law. However, you acknowledge and agree that ProjectManagers.co.za has no control over such an Employer or its website. You agree to ProjectManagers.co.za’s use of, and receipt of information from, any such conversion tracker functionality. Except for sponsored, featured or paid placements, the Job Ads contained on, or linked from, the Site are indexed or posted in an automated manner. ProjectManagers.co.za has no obligation to screen any Job Ads, or to include any Job Ads, in its search results or other listings, and may exclude or remove any Job Ads from the Site or your search result for any or no reason. You understand and agree that ProjectManagers.co.za has no obligation to present you with any or all Job Ads. We cannot confirm the accuracy or completeness of any Job Ad or other information submitted by any Employer or other user, including the identity of such Employer or other user. ProjectManagers.co.za assumes no responsibility, and disclaims all liability for the content, accuracy, completeness, legality, reliability, or availability of any Job Ads, Company Pages, screener questions and responses, and assessments. Additionally, ProjectManagers.co.za may provide search options to narrow down Job Ads search results by job type categories (i.e. full-time, part-time, etc.), and such categories are created independently and entirely by ProjectManagers.co.za, and may not directly or accurately reflect the content of the Job Ads. ProjectManagers.co.za may reformat Job Listings so that you may read them more clearly on a mobile phone. Placement of a Job Ad on a certain page (for example, on ProjectManagers.co.za Gigs) is not a representation regarding the nature of the role for legal purposes. While ProjectManagers.co.za may in some circumstances be compensated by employers who post Job Ads, helping keep ProjectManagers.co.za job search free for Job Seekers, all Job Ads are considered advertising. ProjectManagers.co.za displays Job Ads based on a combination of employer bids and relevance, such as search terms, and other information provided and activities conducted on ProjectManagers.co.za. You are not permitted to use ProjectManagers.co.za’s Site or its content other than for non-commercial purposes. For purposes of this Section A of the ProjectManagers.co.za General Terms of Service, all references to “you” or “your” shall mean you, the individual or organization accessing this Site in your capacity as a Job Seeker. ProjectManagers.co.za may provide functionality to call a telephone number contained in a Job Ad using the phone app on a mobile device. ProjectManagers.co.za cannot guarantee that the extracted phone number is the correct phone number for the Employer or for the Job Ad you are viewing.
- User Profile, Online Cv/Online Resume And Job Seeker Registration
You can register and create an online profile (“Candidate Profile”) which allows You to apply for vacancies and track Your different applications to one or more Customers.
For using the job candidate online portal accessible on Projectmanagers.co.za, You need to register on the website using a valid email address. Once you signup, you will receive an email to confirm that it is ProjectManagers.co.za your email address. The registration requires Your email address and a password. You need to open your email and click the link to confirm. Afterwards, You will have the ability to log in on our platform (Projectmanagers.co.za) with different options (email, LinkedIn, Facebook).
When You create a User Account with us:
- You guarantee us that You are entitled to create such User Account and that the information You provide is complete and accurate.
- You confirm that you are legally permitted to work and or engage in a contract as an employee, contractor or independent contractor – depending on the nature of the job.
You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of Your User Account credentials at all times and You shall not share them with anyone else. You are responsible for all activities of Your User Account. In case of any unauthorised usage of Your User Account or security breach, You shall immediately notify us.
You agree that You will not (please note that this list is not exhaustive):
- Use ProjectManagers.co.za platform, services and Your Candidate Portal for any purpose which is in breach of any applicable law or statutory duty;
- Use as a username any name that is offensive, vulgar or obscene.
- Access a User Account used by another person;
- Upload any illegal content;
- Link to any illegal content;
- Upload any content that infringes the intellectual property rights of third parties (e.g. a name or trademark that is subject to any rights of another person or entity other than You, without appropriate authorization).
- Engage in any chain letters contests, junk email, pyramid schemes, spamming, surveys or other duplicative or unsolicited messages (commercial or otherwise);
- Access or use Your Candidate Portal and our services in any manner that could damage, disable, overburden or impair any ProjectManagers.co.za server or the networks connected to any ProjectManagers.co.za server;
- Harvest, collect, gather or assemble information or data regarding other users without their consent;
- Use automatic means to access content or data from other users;
- Market any goods or services for any unauthorised purposes (including advertising and making offers to buy or sell goods or services).
- By creating a public resume through the Site (“ProjectManagers.co.za Resume”) or uploading a file resume on the Site (collectively, “Your Resume” or “Job Seeker Resume”), you are requesting and authorizing ProjectManagers.co.za to make available Your Resume to third parties, such as Employers, that ProjectManagers.co.za believes may have an interest in Your Resume. If you do not want ProjectManagers.co.za to make available Your Resume to third parties or if you do not want Employers to contact you, set your ProjectManagers.co.za Resume and uploaded file resume to private. Setting Your Resume to private will not affect your previous applications or prevent employers you responded to from contacting you. You can read more about resume privacy here.
- By creating an ProjectManagers.co.za Resume or uploading a file resume on ProjectManagers.co.za, ProjectManagers.co.za may share with you Job Ads that match the contents of Your Resume. ProjectManagers.co.za may also highlight to you items in Your Resume that may match qualifications from the Job Ad, or highlight to you items that appear in the Job Ad and may be missing from Your Resume. These highlights do not mean you are or are not qualified for the job or that you should or should not apply for it. Applying for such Job Ads does not guarantee job interviews or hiring. Even where ProjectManagers.co.za highlights items or a Job Ad is shared with you, ProjectManagers.co.za assumes no responsibility, and disclaims all liability for the content, accuracy, completeness, legality, reliability, or availability of Job Ads or highlights. By creating or uploading Your Resume, you are requesting and authorizing ProjectManagers.co.za, or an ProjectManagers.co.za vendor, to review or scan Your Resume and provide you feedback (in ProjectManagers.co.za’s discretion), including suggested changes. ProjectManagers.co.za assumes no responsibility and disclaims all liability for any changes you make based on any provided feedback. ProjectManagers.co.za assumes no responsibility and disclaims all liability for the resume or application information you post, send or receive through the Site. By uploading a file resume on the Site, you agree that ProjectManagers.co.za may convert your file resume to a different file type. It is your responsibility to review Your Resume to ensure that the content appears as you intend, and that it contains the right information or any information you intend to include or update. If you see any inaccuracy in any such material, it is your responsibility to correct such information or to contact ProjectManagers.co.za to do so. It may take a few days for updates to your account or resume to be reflected. To mitigate fraud, ProjectManagers.co.za may mask or hide your contact information, such as your email address, from Your Resume or application, for example, and may substitute it with an alias. ProjectManagers.co.za makes no promise to you about whether all or part of your contact info will be masked, and the decision to mask such info is in ProjectManagers.co.za’s sole discretion. ProjectManagers.co.za reserves the right to limit your ability to set Your Resume to public, and may toggle a public resume to private, at any time, to prevent illegal conduct, for fraud mitigation, or for any other reason in ProjectManagers.co.za’s discretion.
- If you have an ProjectManagers.co.za account, an ProjectManagers.co.za Resume, or an uploaded file resume, you agree that ProjectManagers.co.za may associate Your Resume data with your profile on ProjectManagers.co.za (“ProjectManagers.co.za Profile”). Your ProjectManagers.co.za Profile consists of information you provide on the Site in the “Profile” section of your account. This includes your ProjectManagers.co.za Resume, your scores on any ProjectManagers.co.za Assessments you may have taken and any information in the “About me” section, such as your desired job title, job types, work schedule, whether you are ready to work, or pay. Information in your ProjectManagers.co.za Profile, except as otherwise indicated on the Site, may be available to third parties, such as Employers. If you do not want ProjectManagers.co.za to make your ProjectManagers.co.za Profile available to third parties or if you do not want Employers to contact you, set your ProjectManagers.co.za Resume and uploaded file resume to private or remove Your Resume. Your response to an ProjectManagers.co.za Assessment will be associated with your ProjectManagers.co.za Profile. You may choose whether your ProjectManagers.co.za Assessment response is available to Employers viewing your ProjectManagers.co.za Profile. You can enable the ready to work feature on your profile to let Employers know that you can start work immediately. After 60 days, we will automatically remove that feature from your profile, but you can manually enable it again.
- co.za may also automatically send you recommended jobs via the email address you use to create an ProjectManagers.co.za account or apply to a job. ProjectManagers.co.za may determine what these recommended jobs are on the basis of a variety of factors, including but not limited to, any information you input on the Site about yourself (including in Your Resume), searches you run on the Site, jobs you click on, jobs you apply to, or the materials you provide in a job application to an Employer through ProjectManagers.co.za.
- Applying to Jobs Through ProjectManagers.co.za
- When you apply to a job using ProjectManagers.co.za Apply, ProjectManagers.co.za will attempt to send your application to the contact information provided to us by an Employer or their Agent. We cannot guarantee that such messages and applications will be delivered, received, accessed, read or acted upon. ProjectManagers.co.za also does not guarantee that any Employer will receive, be notified about, access, read or respond to any such resume or other application material, or that there will be no mistakes in the transmission or storage of the data. However, ProjectManagers.co.za may alert you when any of the above events occur. Please note that Job Ads may expire between the time you submit your application and from the time it is received. ProjectManagers.co.za has no responsibility for expired Job Ads or for delivering applications prior to a Job Ad’s expiration. In addition we cannot vouch for the validity of the contact information provided to us by Employers. We also cannot vouch for the technical capabilities of any third party sites, including but not limited to Applicant Tracking Systems (ATSs). If you do not feel comfortable sending an application or messages in this manner, or having your application or messages stored on ProjectManagers.co.za, do not use the ProjectManagers.co.za Apply or ProjectManagers.co.za relay functions and please send your application or messages directly to the Employer by whatever other method you so choose, including the public mail system. You may contact the Employer directly to find alternative methods of application if you do not wish to apply through ProjectManagers.co.za. By using the ProjectManagers.co.za Apply system, you fully consent to the above.
- If you require alternative methods of screening or application you must approach the Employer directly to request such as ProjectManagers.co.za is not responsible for the Employer application process.
- By using ProjectManagers.co.za, you agree that ProjectManagers.co.za is not responsible for the content of the Employer’s job application, messages, screener questions, skills assessments or their format or method of delivery, and that ProjectManagers.co.za does not guarantee receipt of your application by the Employer, or your receipt of messages from the Employer. Please note that ProjectManagers.co.za does not choose the questions asked by Employers or decide the job qualification criteria of Employers. Some questions may be labeled as Optional, indicating only that the application may be submitted to the Employer without providing an answer. ProjectManagers.co.za cannot guarantee that the Employer will consider such an application or make a particular determination with regard to such an application. ProjectManagers.co.za may inform Job Seekers that an Employer’s requirement from a job description does not appear to be present on a resume or application; this information is presented without warranty and ProjectManagers.co.za does not guarantee that updating a resume or application will result in any job offer. ProjectManagers.co.za does not guarantee the identity of an Employer or any individuals working for any Employers, and cautions Job Seekers when applying to jobs. ProjectManagers.co.za cannot make any guarantee regarding health and safety measures in an Employer’s hiring or interviewing process. ProjectManagers.co.za recommends Job Seekers follow personal health and safety best practices as recommended by the World Health Organization or similar institution. ProjectManagers.co.za does not guarantee the validity of a job offer and cautions Job Seekers to verify the validity of a job offer before taking an adverse action regarding their current employment situations. Job Seekers are solely responsible for verifying the accuracy of any Employer or job offer.
- co.za may send you a notice relating to account security, such as informing you that you may have recently interacted with a compromised account. ProjectManagers.co.za cannot and does not guarantee that such notices will always be sent or received, and you therefore agree that ProjectManagers.co.za bears no responsibility for doing so. ProjectManagers.co.za makes no warranty regarding, and disclaims any liability for, the accuracy, completeness, timeliness, or reliability of such notices.
- co.za may use your application materials (including resumes and responses to screener questions) and the recency of your activity on ProjectManagers.co.za to determine whether the words of any Job Seeker’s resume and answers to screener questions match the words of a Job Listing or Resume query, and vice-versa. You agree and consent that ProjectManagers.co.za may differentiate those matching resumes and screener questions from those that do not match, and present them to Employers as matches or not matches. ProjectManagers.co.za may also use such information in order to improve the Site or any other ProjectManagers.co.za product or service (including by displaying or otherwise making available potentially relevant Job Listings and resumes to Job Seekers and Employers). ProjectManagers.co.za may also highlight to you items in your prior application materials (including items in your resume and past responses to screener questions) that may match qualifications from the Job Listing, or highlight to you items that appear in the Job Listing that may not match your application materials. These highlights do not mean you are or are not qualified for the job or that you should or should not apply for it. Applying for such Job Listings does not guarantee job interviews or hiring. Even where ProjectManagers.co.za highlights items or a Job Listing is shared with you, ProjectManagers.co.za assumes no responsibility, and disclaims all liability for the content, accuracy, completeness, legality, reliability, or availability of Job Listings or highlights.
- By using ProjectManagers.co.za Apply and answering screener questions, you acknowledge that Employers may have instructed ProjectManagers.co.za to send out rejection notices if your answers do not match the answers sought by the Employer, and you acknowledge that ProjectManagers.co.za has no discretion in the transmission of these rejections. ProjectManagers.co.za may offer Employers the ability to activate a feature on their account called Employer Assist. Activating Employer Assist means the Employer is instructing ProjectManagers.co.za to send a message on the Employer’s behalf to the Job Seeker informing them that the Employer has determined not to move forward with their application. These notices are automatically sent after a period of time selected by the Employer, unless the Employer indicates to ProjectManagers.co.za their interest in your application. You acknowledge and agree that ProjectManagers.co.za has no discretion in the sending of these messages, and that any such messages are solely a result of the Employer’s decision to activate Employer Assist and to not take an action on your application on ProjectManagers.co.za within the time period selected by the Employer. Any interactions the Employer has directly with you and not through a tool provided by ProjectManagers.co.za (for example, calling or emailing you directly instead of through an ProjectManagers.co.za Relay Service) are not visible to ProjectManagers.co.za, and would not by themselves prevent an Employer Assist rejection notice from being sent.
- When you search for jobs on the ProjectManagers.co.za Job Search app and proceed to apply for a job, including jobs on third party sites, ProjectManagers.co.za may suggest information from your ProjectManagers.co.za profile to include in your application. It is your responsibility to review suggestions before accepting them and including them on your application.
- COMMUNICATIONS AND OTHER ACTIONS ON THE SITE
When you view, send, store or receive materials (including Job Listings, resumes, messages, applications, questions and responses in applications, and any other information) through or using the Site, ProjectManagers.co.za may, for example, use such materials for data analysis, quality control, or to refine the Site or any other ProjectManagers.co.za product or service (including to provide better search results and other listings for Job Seekers and Employers), whether via automated means or otherwise. When an Employer views, sends, stores or receives materials through or using the Site, ProjectManagers.co.za may inform you about such actions. Additionally, we may also inform you that an Employer has taken other actions with regards to a Job Ad, your Resume, or your application, such as pausing or closing a Job Ad, opening your Resume or application, viewing your Resume or application, responding to your Resume or application, and making a decision with regards to your application or Job Ad. ProjectManagers.co.za may inform the Employer about activities you take on the Site or your use of the Site, for example, whether you are online on ProjectManagers.co.za, and you hereby consent to ProjectManagers.co.za taking such actions.
If you have turned on browser push notification and wish to turn them off, you may do so by visiting the settings on your browser.
ProjectManagers.co.za may offer you the opportunity to receive a text message interview reminder from ProjectManagers.co.za when an Employer has scheduled interviews with you. In such an event you will enter your phone number on the ProjectManagers.co.za consent form and by entering your phone number you are representing and confirming it is your phone number and that you have the right to accept text messages at the number. ProjectManagers.co.za will only send you a text message reminder for such interview and you agree to accept such text message reminder on your cell phone, including messages sent by automated telephone dialing system. Please note that since these text message services depend on the functionality of third-party providers, there may be technical delays on the part of those providers. We also cannot vouch for the technical capabilities of any third parties to receive such text messages.
ProjectManagers.co.za may also insert functionality into messages relating to your application allowing you to place calls directly to third parties. Please note this functionality is provided solely as a courtesy and that such calls are not placed through or tracked by ProjectManagers.co.za. Your standard calling rates with your phone provider will apply.
You may receive messages, including but not limited to text messages, emails or email notifications corresponding with your or an Employer’s (in the event you applied for a job) activity on or use of the Site, ProjectManagers.co.za Apply, ProjectManagers.co.za Chat, or any other communications service, product, or feature provided on or through the Site. In all cases, such messages or notifications are provided solely as a courtesy, and you should not rely on them. For example, if you accept an interview request, it is your responsibility to follow up with the employer separately to ensure they know your response, do not rely on notifications through ProjectManagers.co.za. ProjectManagers.co.za may use your email address to create an alias email address for your communication, in lieu of displaying your actual email address to the Employer. Once an Employer has your contact info, you agree that ProjectManagers.co.za is not responsible or liable for the manner in which the Employer uses the info. Should you choose to send an email from a third party email client, the person with whom you’re communicating may be able to see your email address, rather than the alias. ProjectManagers.co.za disclaims all warranties with regards to the transmission or storage of such courtesy notices, does not guarantee their delivery or receipt, and does not guarantee the date or time at which they may be sent. In the event a message being sent is intended for a closed account, these messages will not be deliverable.
ProjectManagers.co.za may enable chatbots, which allows you to take certain actions on the Site, such as apply to a job, schedule an interview, or otherwise interact with the Site, Employers, or Job Listings on our Site (“Chatbot”). You understand that the Chatbot is an automated service that does not involve human interaction. It is your responsibility to ensure the accuracy and completeness of information submitted through the Chatbot. ProjectManagers.co.za is not responsible for any loss, damage or inconvenience arising as a consequence of the use (or inability to use) the Chatbot or from the information you submit via the Chatbot.
ProjectManagers.co.za reserves the right to turn on or enable ProjectManagers.co.za Chat or other communication options for select Employers or Job Listings, in its sole discretion, and to notify you that ProjectManagers.co.za Chat or other communication options are available for a particular job or Employer. For ProjectManagers.co.za Chat, you may access or view your messages by visiting your ProjectManagers.co.za Chat messages dashboard. ProjectManagers.co.za may, in its sole discretion, turn off or disable ProjectManagers.co.za Chat for any Employer or Job Seeker at any time without prior notice. Please note that if you are using ProjectManagers.co.za Chat to communicate with an Employer, ProjectManagers.co.za will deliver your messages as instructed by the Employer.
- VIRTUAL COMMUNICATIONS
Employers may offer you the opportunity to participate in virtual and remote communications using custom-made or 3rd party products, including but not limited to, Microsoft Teams, Zoom, Instagram Live, Facebook Video, WhatsApp and any other platform that may not be listed here. You understand that ProjectManagers.co.za is not a telecommunications service provider and that ProjectManagers.co.za is only providing the option for you to communicate with Employers via services that may be offered by third-party providers. Please note that since these telecommunication services may depend on the functionality of third-party providers, there may be technical delays or malfunctions on the part of those providers. We cannot vouch for the technical capabilities of any third parties to receive, transmit, or support such phone or video communications. ProjectManagers.co.za does not guarantee any aspect of your Virtual Interview experience including transmission of phone or video communications, quality of audio/visual content, data security, or data usage and restrictions. ProjectManagers.co.za is not liable for any claims arising out of your use of Virtual Interviews and you release ProjectManagers.co.za from any such claims.
You understand that ProjectManagers.co.za does not guarantee the Employer’s schedule or availability for conducting Virtual Interviews and cannot vouch for the validity of the contact information provided to us. You also understand that the Employer is responsible for any and all questions, comments, or hiring decisions made. Further, Employers are responsible for any accommodations you need during Virtual Interviews.
YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT THERE IS NO PROTECTION FOR ANY INFORMATION YOU SHARE OR DATA THAT YOU TRANSMIT WHILE PARTICIPATING IN VIRTUAL INTERVIEWS INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, AUDIO/VISUAL CONTENT, INTERVIEW QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS, OR YOUR IMAGE OR LIKENESS. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT PROJECTMANAGERS.CO.ZA IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR SECURING OR PROTECTING ANY DATA OR INFORMATION THAT YOU SHARE OR TRANSMIT DURING YOUR USE OF VIRTUAL INTERVIEWS. PROJECTMANAGERS.CO.ZA ASSUMES NO LIABILITY FOR THE MISUSE OF ANY DATA YOU SHARE OR TRANSMIT THROUGH USE OF VIRTUAL INTERVIEWS.
YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT YOU ACCESS AND USE VIRTUAL INTERVIEWS AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK AND THAT PROJECTMANAGERS.CO.ZA DISCLAIMS ALL LIABILITY ARISING OUT OF YOUR USE OF VIRTUAL INTERVIEWS.
- ONLINE ASSESSMENTS
ProjectManagers.co.za Assessments is an online tool for the provision and review of skills assessments selected by Employers (“Assessments”) and responses from Job Seekers (“Responses”) through the Site. Employers may use the ProjectManagers.co.za Assessments tool to send you Assessments, to which you may provide Responses. After you provide a Response, the Employer will be able to use the ProjectManagers.co.za Assessments platform to review the Response. If there are multiple versions of the same Assessment, the Response percentile for any Job Seeker will be determined only in relation to other Responses to the same version of that Assessment.
An Assessment only evaluates a particular skill. It does not evaluate a Job Seeker’s qualification for any job. Whether a particular skill is relevant to a job, or whether a Job Seeker is qualified or appropriate for a job, is decided solely by the Employer sending the Assessment and reviewing your Response. Receiving or responding to an Assessment does not guarantee a job or job offer, or a job offer at any particular salary, or any further communication or action by any Employer. An Employer is the sole party to determine whether a Response indicates a qualified Job Seeker. Employers may have instructed ProjectManagers.co.za to send out rejection notices if you have not responded to Assessments in a manner acceptable to the Employer, and you acknowledge that ProjectManagers.co.za has no discretion in the transmission of these rejections. The Employer is the sole party to determine whether to consider any retaken Assessments as part of their hiring process.
You acknowledge and understand that Employers (or their employment agencies) select which Assessments to associate with their job openings, and that ProjectManagers.co.za does not choose the Assessments sent by Employers and has no control over Employers’ selection or use of Assessments. You agree that the questions in any Assessment are solely being asked by the Employer sending the Assessment. You further agree that ProjectManagers.co.za is not responsible for offering alternative methods of screening, if so required by the Americans with Disabilities Act or any other equivalent or similar law, and that the responsibility for offering any such alternative method lies solely with Employers. If you require an accommodation, or any alternative method(s) of Assessment, screening or application, you must indicate it to the Employer. ProjectManagers.co.za may provide a means by which you may request such an alternative method or other accommodation from the Employer; ProjectManagers.co.za does not guarantee the Employer’s receipt of, or response to, any such request. While ProjectManagers.co.za is guided by WCAG 2.1, Level AA in our efforts to design and develop accessible offerings, as outlined in the accessibility statement, ProjectManagers.co.za does not warrant that the method of delivery of any Assessment question is compliant with the Americans with Disabilities Act or any equivalent or similar law.
You agree and acknowledge that the usefulness and value of Assessments and Responses depend on their contents being kept confidential. You therefore agree to keep the content of Assessments and Responses confidential and to not reproduce or discuss them with anyone, except that you may communicate with an Employer about an Assessment they have sent to you and your Response.
ProjectManagers.co.za does not have any obligation to screen any Assessment or Response, or to include any Assessment or Response in the Site, and may exclude or remove any Assessment or Response from the Site for any or no reason without liability or notice. Assessment links sent to you may continue to be active after an Employer has paused or closed their job campaign on ProjectManagers.co.za. Once an Employer pauses or closes their Job Ad (for example, after the Employer has made a hire), ProjectManagers.co.za cannot guarantee that the Employer will view any related notices or updates, including Assessments, Responses, and accommodation requests. You may still choose to take the Assessment for the purpose of adding its results to your ProjectManagers.co.za Profile or for another job application.
ProjectManagers.co.za may also offer you the option to select an Assessment to complete independent of a particular job, and your Response will be associated with your ProjectManagers.co.za Profile. You may choose whether the Response is available to Employers viewing your ProjectManagers.co.za Profile, though ProjectManagers.co.za will count the Response for purposes of generating aggregate Response statistics even if Your Response is hidden.
As a Job Seeker, you shall not create or send any Response which: (i) contains any highly confidential personal information, such as bank account or credit card information, online account information, social security numbers (or similar counterparts outside the United States of America), health information, or other categories of data subject to special breach notification requirements in any country; (ii) contains proprietary information, trade secrets, confidential information, advertisements, solicitations, chain letters, pyramid schemes, investment opportunities, or other unsolicited commercial communication (except as otherwise expressly permitted by us in writing); or (iii) directly or indirectly violates the Site Rules.
ProjectManagers.co.za does not act as an employment agency by offering the ProjectManagers.co.za Assessments tool. By using ProjectManagers.co.za Assessments, you acknowledge and agree that ProjectManagers.co.za is not procuring employees for Employers or procuring opportunities to work for Job Seekers. ProjectManagers.co.za merely provides a tool enabling Employers and Job Seekers to exchange Assessments and Responses as they determine. The sole responsibility for the content of any Assessment or Response, any requests for interviews or offers made, any issues arising from an acceptance or denial of employment, and any other issues arising from the use of ProjectManagers.co.za Assessments, is solely with Employers or Job Seekers as applicable.
TechLegends (Pty) Ltd and ProjectManagers.co.za is not a third party beneficiary of or liable for any agreements between an Employer and Job Seeker, regardless of whether or not ProjectManagers.co.za receives a fee from the Employer in connection with the transaction. ProjectManagers.co.za will not be liable for any costs or damages arising out of or related to such transaction.
ProjectManagers.co.za assumes no responsibility, and disclaims all liability, for the content, accuracy, validity, completeness, legality, reliability, or availability of the Site, the ProjectManagers.co.za Assessments tool, and any Assessment or Response.
- SALARY, CAREER, HIRING AND OTHER INFORMATION PROVIDED BY PROJECTMANAGERS.CO.ZA
ProjectManagers.co.za may provide some information and content to users for informational purposes only. For example, ProjectManagers.co.za may provide you with data regarding estimated salaries for a given Job Listing, number of applies to a Job Listing, responses to certain screener questions for a Job Listing, or the likelihood that a particular event will occur such as being selected for an interview. This information provided by ProjectManagers.co.za is based on estimates given for informational purposes only and without warranty, and is subject to change or varying levels of accuracy. ProjectManagers.co.za may also include salary estimations on pages other than Job Listings on the Site. Please note that all salary figures are approximations based upon multiple third party submissions to ProjectManagers.co.za, including from ProjectManagers.co.za affiliates. These figures are given to ProjectManagers.co.za users for the purpose of generalized comparison only. Minimum wage may differ by jurisdiction and you should consult the employer for actual salary figures. ProjectManagers.co.za may also display publicly available information about employers on Company Pages. Information on Company Pages is presented for informational and promotional purposes only, is subject to change, and may be gathered from or generated by third parties. ProjectManagers.co.za assumes no responsibility, and disclaims all liability for the content, accuracy, completeness, legality, reliability, or availability of any Company Page. Please contact the employer for the most accurate and up-to-date company information.
Similarly, career-related or hiring-related information provided by ProjectManagers.co.za is for informational purposes only, and is in no way to be construed as professional career counseling or staffing services (unless otherwise expressly noted by ProjectManagers.co.za in services such as ProjectManagers.co.za Hire in Japan). You understand that ProjectManagers.co.za may give suggestions or information regarding best-practices, however, you understand that it is ultimately your responsibility to determine how to pursue your job search or candidate search. You further understand that in providing any such career or hiring guides, ProjectManagers.co.za is not acting as a job placement agency or staffing firm (unless otherwise expressly noted by ProjectManagers.co.za in services such as ProjectManagers.co.za Hire in Japan). You also understand that by referring to or using such career or hiring guides, you are not guaranteed job interviews, job placement, or assurance of being hired, and you take full responsibility for use of these services or guides. As a user of the Site, ProjectManagers.co.za may, from time to time, send you emails from the career or hiring guides as part of its services to you. These emails may include but not be limited to, tips on improving your resume or how to use your resume effectively in the job application process, commonly asked interview questions, next steps after you have submitted an application, and how to prepare for a new job after you have been hired.
ProjectManagers.co.za may offer, as part of the Services, the opportunity for you to engage with third parties, sometimes referred to as career coaches or professional writers, to discuss job search, resume writing, or career strategies, either through the Site or in person. Regardless of how you interact with them, you acknowledge that these third parties are not employees of ProjectManagers.co.za and that ProjectManagers.co.za is not responsible for the content of any such discussion. Do not share any information you consider confidential or personally sensitive with these third parties. ProjectManagers.co.za does not guarantee the quality or effectiveness of any advice, recommendations, or guidance you may receive from these third parties. You agree that, to the maximum extent permitted by law, ProjectManagers.co.za will have no liability arising from any discussion you have with such a third party.
- YOUR JOB SEEKER DATA
As a Job Seeker, you take a variety of actions on our Site and you provide various information. For example, you search for jobs, and ProjectManagers.co.za knows and stores the titles of jobs you search for and click on, where those jobs are located, the general salary range or experience level of the jobs you view (if indicated on the Job Listings), the Job Listings you apply to, your amount of activity or time of most recent activity on ProjectManagers.co.za, information you provide directly to ProjectManagers.co.za including desired salary, or past experience, or any information in your ProjectManagers.co.za Profile, or any of your other behavior on the Site or information provided. You know exactly what this data is because you are the person who provided the information or undertook the activity and the data pertains only to your activity. If you have an ProjectManagers.co.za account or a Job Seeker Resume, you agree that ProjectManagers.co.za may associate this data with your ProjectManagers.co.za Profile and use this observed factual data to suggest jobs to you and to suggest you or your public resume to Employers that might be interested in a person who matches your behavior on ProjectManagers.co.za. You also agree that ProjectManagers.co.za may contact you based on this observed behavior or provided info on behalf of Employers or ProjectManagers.co.za itself. Please note, the aforementioned actions do not include information sent to you by a third party, however, ProjectManagers.co.za may publicly display the fact that you have recently used the ProjectManagers.co.za Site to correspond with a third party. In addition, if you set Your Resume to public, this means that ProjectManagers.co.za may share all of the aforementioned information about yourself with third-party Employers. If you do not wish to share such information, you may set Your Resume to private. When you make changes to your ProjectManagers.co.za Profile, including, but not limited to, updating, deleting, or changing settings on Your Resume, it may take a few days for the changes to be reflected.
In addition, you may have the opportunity to provide ProjectManagers.co.za with certain demographic information about yourself, such as your race and ethnicity, gender, age, LGBTQ+ community membership, and disability status (“Demographic Information”). By choosing to provide your Demographic Information, you agree that ProjectManagers.co.za may use it to evaluate and improve our products, and share aggregate summaries of job seeker information with employers. If you do not want your Demographic Information to be used in this way, do not provide it to ProjectManagers.co.za (or, if you have already provided your Demographic Information to ProjectManagers.co.za, you can request it be removed). You further acknowledge and agree that another Job Seeker’s Demographic Information is personal information, and to the extent permitted by law you waive any right to request or view Demographic Information pertaining to any other Job Seeker.
- SCREENING TOOLS
ProjectManagers.co.za may make screening tools available to Employers for Employer use in the application process, including screener questions, phone screen tools and assessments. ProjectManagers.co.za is licensing these tools for Employers’ use as determined by Employers. As a Job Seeker you agree that the Employer has made the determination to use these tools as part of its application process, and the questions asked are solely determined by the Employer, and are not being asked by ProjectManagers.co.za. The Employer is the sole party to determine which answers will qualify a candidate and is solely responsible for the use of the screening tool including any results which are considered to have a “disparate impact”. You further acknowledge that only the Employer is responsible for offering alternative methods of screening, if so required by the Americans with Disabilities Act or any other equivalent or similar law. While ProjectManagers.co.za is guided by WCAG 2.1, Level AA in our efforts to design and develop accessible offerings, as outlined in the accessibility statement, ProjectManagers.co.za does not warrant that the method of delivery of these questions is compliant with the Americans with Disabilities Act or any equivalent or similar law.
- CO.ZA RECRUITMENT PLATFORM
ProjectManagers.co.za Recruitment Platform is a platform designed to automate and streamline Employer hiring and employment decision-making processes by allowing users access to various products such as ProjectManagers.co.za Interview, or related services (“ProjectManagers.co.za Recruitment Platform”). Employers may offer you the opportunity to participate in hiring activities that might be supported by ProjectManagers.co.za Recruitment Platform. You acknowledge and understand that Employers select the method and manner that ProjectManagers.co.za Recruitment Platform will be used for its job openings and that the Employer determines the job requirements and specific needs of its hiring efforts. YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT EMPLOYER IS RESPONSIBLE FOR COMPLYING WITH APPLICABLE LAW REGARDING ITS EMPLOYMENT AND HIRING PRACTICES, INCLUDING TITLE VII, AND THAT EMPLOYER INDEMNIFIES PROJECTMANAGERS.CO.ZA AGAINST ANY AND ALL CLAIMS ARISING FROM EMPLOYER’S USE OF PROJECTMANAGERS.CO.ZA RECRUITMENT PLATFORM OR SIMILAR PRODUCTS. PROJECTMANAGERS.CO.ZA DISCLAIMS ALL LIABILITY AND MAKES NO WARRANTY THAT EMPLOYER’S USE OF THE SERVICES COMPLIES WITH TITLE VII OR ANY SIMILAR LAW. ProjectManagers.co.za has no control nor participates in the hiring or decision-making process regarding Employer hiring efforts. Further, you understand that ProjectManagers.co.za is not an employment agency by offering ProjectManagers.co.za Recruitment Platform and related tools. By using ProjectManagers.co.za Recruitment Platform, you understand that ProjectManagers.co.za is not procuring employees for Employer or opportunities for Job Seekers. ProjectManagers.co.za merely provides ProjectManagers.co.za Recruitment Platform as a tool that enables Employers and Job Seekers to exchange information as they determine.
- GOVERNING LAW AND DISPUTE RESOLUTION
This Agreement and any dispute arising out of or in connection with this Agreement or related in any way to the Site (“Dispute”) will be governed as to all matters, including, but not limited to the validity, construction and performance of this Agreement, by and under the laws of the Republic Of South Africa. If you are located outside South Africa, any and all actions, lawsuits, or other legal proceedings related to such Dispute shall be filed only in courts located in The Republic of South Africa.
You also hereby waive any right to a legal trial in connection with any action or litigation in any way arising out of or related to your use of the Site or these terms of service, if you are located outside The Republic of South Africa.
- CLASS ACTION WAIVER
By using the Site and in return for the services offered by ProjectManagers.co.za, you acknowledge that ProjectManagers.co.za can only offer you these services under the terms and conditions as presented herein. As partial consideration for your use of the Site and these services, you agree not to sue ProjectManagers.co.za as a class plaintiff or class representative, join as a class member, or participate as an adverse party in any way in a class-action lawsuit against ProjectManagers.co.za regarding your use of the Site. Additionally, as a Job Seeker, your use of job search on the Site is at no charge and you acknowledge that part of the price you are paying to use this Site is your acceptance of these terms of service including this Class Action Waiver. If you do not agree to any part of these terms, do not continue your use of the Site. Nothing in this paragraph, however, limits your rights to bring a lawsuit as an individual plaintiff, including in small claims court, subject to Section 11 above.
- TERMS AND CONDITIONS – RECRUITERS, ADVERTISERS, COMPANIES, HIRING FIRMS
Publication Of Advertisements
- 14.1. The Customer grants the Publisher an irrevocable, world-wide, royalty-free license to reproduce, publish and republish the Advertisement within the relevant Publication (irrespective of the medium or platform in or on which it is published) in accordance with the provisions of the Advertisement Order.
- 14.2. The Publisher may reject, refuse, omit, postpone, cancel, or require changes to the whole or part of any Material, Advertisement Order or Advertisement submitted for insertion into a Publication at any time, whether or not it has accepted the Advertisement Order, including the dates for publication and positioning of the Advertisement, or to accept the Advertisement Order subject to additional conditions which will be notified by the Publisher to the Customer.
- 14.3. The Customer shall submit all Advertisements to the Publisher in accordance with the Publisher’s then current technical specifications (as may be updated from time to time), the current version of which is available on request;
- 14.4. Save to the extent caused by its negligence, the Publisher shall not be responsible for any error or omission in the insertion of any Advertisement, or for any damage or loss of any copy, electronic files, data, drawings or other materials supplied for the purpose of an Advertisement or any shrinkage or colour alteration that may occur during the normal course of production.
- 14.5. It is the Customer’s responsibility to ensure that all Advertisements are correct, accurate and not misleading. The Publisher accepts no responsibility for any errors in an Advertisement including (without limitation) any errors which arise as a result of any changes or alterations undertaken by the Publisher at the Customer’s request. In respect of any Advertisement in a Journal, in the event of an error in a published Advertisement as a result of a material typographical error caused by the Publisher, the Publisher agrees tore-run the Advertisement free of charge in the next available edition of such Journal.
- 14.6. The Customer acknowledges and agrees that any Advertisements published on any Digital Format maybe available on the Publisher’s network of partner Digital Formats. The Publisher reserves the right to add or remove a partner Digital Format from its partner network, at its sole discretion. The Publisher hereby disclaims all responsibility and liability for the services, software and/or results of or provided by any of the Digital Formats comprising the Publisher’s partner network.
- 14.7. The Publisher reserves the right, but not the obligation, to implement verification and security procedures in respect of all information provided or uploaded by the Customer.
- 14.8. By registering for a Recruiter Account on our platforms and website, the Customer shall be able to:
- i. upload, edit or remove Vacancy specifications and post, edit or remove Vacancies and company information on the Site;
- ii. receive details of those Candidates that have applied for any Vacancies posted by the Customer;
- iii. manage the process by which a Candidate can apply for a Vacancy;
- iv. access and use any other features and functionalities of the Site as may be provided by the Publisher to the Customer from time to time.
- 14.9. As applications from Candidates for Vacancies are submitted directly to the Customer, the Publisher does not store details of such applications. The Publisher is not able to recover details of applications if the Customer loses them.
- 14.10. The Publisher may, from time to time, post an Advertisement on a third party job listing site and/or provide an Advertisement to a third party aggregator. In submitting an Advertisement, the Customer consents to the Publisher doing so.
- 14.11. The Customer shall procure that all Vacancy specifications uploaded to the Site by the Customer contain the following information :
- i. Job title, job type and location;
- ii. the proper identity of the party recruiting for the Vacancy;
- iii. a detailed description of the role (including without limitation the nature of the work, any duties and any deadline for submission of applications for the Vacancy);
- iv. a list of experience, training, qualifications, professional requirements and any other information required from Candidates in respect of the Vacancy; and
- v. any relevant health and safety risks.
- 14.12. The Customer is solely responsible for:
- i. ascertaining the identity of Candidates;
- ii. verifying Candidates’ qualifications, skills, training and experience for the relevant Vacancy;
- iii. ensuring that Candidates have the necessary consents, permits, visas, licenses and authorizations; and
- iv. procuring from Candidates all other information required to determine the Candidate’s suitability for the relevant Vacancy.
- 14.13. The Customer shall at all times keep all information (including without limitation Candidates’ CVs, communication and correspondences between the Customer and Candidates and all other information relating to Candidates and the recruitment process) secure and confidential and shall not disclose the same to any third party without the prior consent of the relevant Candidate.
- 4.14. To the extent that the Basic Conditions of Employment Act, No 75 of 1997 applies to any of the services that the Publisher provides via the Site, the Publisher provides such services in the capacity of an employment agency to help Candidates find the type of employment they are looking for. The Publisher does not effect introductions between Customers and Candidates (or vice versa), and nor does the Publisher supply or propose Candidates to Customers. As such, the Publisher does not provide sufficient information for any Customer to:
- i. select a suitable Candidate;
- ii. ensure a Candidate has the requisite skills, training, experience or qualifications;
- iii. ensure a Candidate has the necessary consents, permits, visas, licenses and authorizations.
If You wish to lodge a complaint about an Employer or another user for breaching any of these Terms and in particular, the terms under clause 4, You may do so by sending Projectmanagers.co.za details of Your complaint by via the contact page on our website. Projectmanagers.co.za will use its reasonable endeavours to respond to Your complaints within a reasonable time.